Presented by: Tom Lonergan
The session will discuss the following technology decisions in a schools context:
- Should I use PCs, laptops or tablets?
- Regarding tablets should I choose iPad, Chromebook or Surface?
- Should I use projectors or switch to using Interactive Flat Screens (IFS)?
- Should I present from the front of the classroom or does technology allow me to present from anywhere in the classroom?
- Do I need a school server or can I use cloud based servers instead?
- Should I choose Google Apps for Education (GAFE) or Microsoft Office 365 or Apple iCloud?
- Do I need a high quality wifi network or will any wifi system work in a school?
- What are the most suitable technical support options available?
- When purchasing ICT should I use Frameworks or are there alternatives?
Tom is Technology Coordinator in PDST Technology in Education, where he advises schools on how technology can be used to support learning. He also coordinates the Schools Broadband Programme on behalf of PDST-TIE in collaboration with the DES and HEAnet.