Presented by: Nichola Spokes
Tradigital Education: Innovation, Integration and Inclusion in a newly established digital primary school.
- The journey of the school over 4 years from its initial setup as a 1:1 iPad school (state-funded, under the patronage of Education and training boards (former VEC). Pilot school for ETB national schools.
- How we have fused the best of traditional teaching and learning methodologies with technology…embedding coding throughout the curriculum in a child centered and purposeful approach.
- The do’s and don’ts – the tried and tested…evidence based practice informing the development of the school.
- Creating e-portfolios of children’s work for parents to access / online communication forums with face-to-face.
- Establishing an e-learning culture in the school – with parents, community and organisiation bodies: parent classes
- Focus on creating a Centre of excellence in education
- Online resources for parents and children using iTunesU.
Nichola Spokes: Principal/ADE/M.A ICT in Education: Currently Principal of a newly established community national school in Dublin. As principal of a State-funded School, under the patron of ETB(former VEC), I set up this pilot digital primary school in 2013 with a 1:1 iPad deployment from junior infants onwards. My passion lies in creating an environment of blending the best of traditional teachings methodologies and pedagogical tools with innovative and dynamic approaches, based on evidence based practice. This has now come to fruition where we have now created and continue to develop a centre of excellence in education. Technology is but one instrument which is used to develop children’s learning in a purposeful and skilled approach, communication in terms of setting up e-learning culture within our school community ensuring that at every step of the way, we are inclusive in our approach and integrated within our community by harnessing solid partnerships within that community.