Presented by: Siobhan O'Sullivan
“In this presentation on the effective use of online tools, Siobhan aims to:
- demonstrate how web 2.0 tools can be used to support AfL, inclusive, active and co-operative learning;
- show how Animoto, StudyStack and other online tools can engage and motivate students;
- provide ideas and tips for creating resources that will assist students in acquiring the key skills of the new Junior Cycle;
- demonstrate how to create your own teaching resources which will appeal to digital learners;
- align the use of online tools to satisfying the requirements of SSE;
- share a set of student and teacher generated subject-specific resources which have already been created for JC and SC subjects;
- provide comprehensive instruction manuals for each resource, aligned to literacy and numeracy, JC key skills and SSE;
- facilitate an open floor discussion to identify other useful tools and identify possible training needs of post-primary teachers.
Siobhan O’Sullivan has been seconded to the Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST). She works with schools and teachers throughout the country to integrate ICT into teaching and learning in a meaningful way, to improve learner experiences and outcomes. She will utilise her experience to the benefit of those who wish to see practical examples of how ICT can be used to motivate and engage learners. Siobhan is a member of the National Executive of the Business Studies Teachers Association of Ireland (BSTAI). She has presented at many BSTAI conferences over the years and has been involved in creating and editing several nationally used Business resources.