The society shall be known as The Computers in Education Society of Ireland. This may be shortened to CESI.
The society shall have as its general aim the promotion of information technology (IT) in education in a manner that is consistent with the best principles and highest standards in education.
- The society shall act as a forum for the examination and discussion of aspects of IT in education.
- The society may organise relevant courses, seminars and lectures singly or jointly with other agencies.
- The society shall support teachers, schools, and other educational bodies in the appropriate use of IT in education.
- The society shall formulate and make recommendations in relation to IT in education to appropriate authorities.
- The society shall engage in any other activities that furthers the achievement of its general aims.
In general, membership of the society shall be open to anyone who has complied with the requirements for membership that the society may decide upon from to time. The structure that the society shall strive to establish is as follows:
- A person may become a member of the society by signing up to the CESI list. The CESI list is the primary focus of activity for CESI. email@example.com
- An Executive Committee shall continue in office and administer the affairs of the society.
- The society shall hold an Annual General Meeting at which the members shall elect the incoming executive.
- The Honorary Officers of the Executive Committee shall include: a Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer. In addition, ordinary members may be elected as the members see fit.
- Two trustees shall be elected at the AGM.
- Membership of the society currently attracts no fee.